Goulburn Grail Stage 10 - Arcadia to Kialla West (Moira Park Scout Camp)
Four paddlers in three boats tackled this stage on what was predicted to be a very hot day. Just the long faster boats were brought out and we were able to knock off this 19km Stage in under 4 hrs including breaks. A pleasant reach with loads of wood and fewer campers compared with the downstream Stage 9.
- The entry point is within the Arcadia Streamside Reserve (Parks Victoria manged reserve and Heritage River), a 350m dirt track entry off the end of Kennedys Road. There is a turn around loop at the end of the track and a sandy beach entry point.
- The exit point is within the broad river reserve (Shepparton Regional Park and Heritage River) that is accessed off Moira Drive, Kialla West. Enter the reserve and stay on Nadzab Track, follow this dirt track for 1.25km to the Scout Camp then follow the track that veers left a short distance to the river. There is access on this outside bend of the river with a track down to the waters edge.
- Date - Sunday 2 January 2022
- Distance 22 km, from Arcadia (Chainage 355) to Kialla West (Chainage 377) (Chainage is the distance downstream from the headwaters at Woods Point)
- Time taken 3:55 hrs (5.6 km/hr), 2:50 hrs paddling (paddling speed approx. 7.8 km/hr)
- River Gauge Height (Goulburn River at Murchison No. 58100) = 0.73 m
- 3 boats, 4 paddlers: Jamie & Pete (k2), Al and Mick